Introspect Technology's MIPI C-PHY and D-PHY Frame Grabber Solutions for CSI-2 Image Sensors
Introspect Technology, a manufacturer of test and measurement tools for high-speed digital applications, announced the release of two new frame grabber solutions for the validation and optimization of image sensors based on the MIPI Alliance Camera Serial Interface 2 (CSI-2 SM) standard and targeting the MIPI Alliance C-PHY SM and D-PHY SM physical layers. The SV4E-CPRXG MIPI C-PHY Frame Grabber and SV4E-DPRXG MIPI D-PHY Frame Grabber modules are designed to enable rapid frame capturing and image processing on any host computer platform.
The company says that its C-PHY and D-PHY frame grabbers leverage many generations of hardware and software tools for MIPI, and they are optimized for the C-PHY and D-PHY physical layers, respectively. The following is a list of their main features:
- Any rate operation from 80 Msps to 3.5 Gsps (or 80 Mbps to 3.5 Gbps)
- Any CSI-2 lane configuration
- Support for all CSI-2 data types and pixel formats, including RAW16 and RAW20
- Automatic isolation of all CSI-2 virtual channels according to the latest revision of the CSI-2 specifications
- Integrated I2C master for controlling sensors under test
- Integrated I3C master for controlling sensors under test
- Support for contiguous frame capture at the maxim frame rate supported by the CSI-2 specifications
- Advanced exposure features including frame start and line start trigger I/O's
- Built-in frame rate monitors
- Built-in programmable power supplies for automating the turn-on and turn-off of sensors under test
Introspect Technology's SV4E-CPRXG MIPI C-PHY Frame Grabber and SV4E-DPRXG MIPI D-PHY Frame Grabber are both available for purchase now from Introspect Technology or through one of its approved worldwide distributors.
Visit https://introspect.ca/ for more information.