Bollinger Motors unveils patent-pending E-Chassis
Bollinger Motors has unveiled its patent-pending E-Chassis. According to the company, it is the world’s first and only Class 3 electric platform, and it was designed with commercial applications and versatility in mind.
“When we first built our Class 3 B1, we knew there was a commercial aspect to the platform,” said CEO Robert Bollinger. “Not only cab-on-chassis, but entirely new truck bodies can fit on our E-Chassis and help propel the world to all-electric that much faster.”
The E-Chassis is the same platform shared with the B1 Sport Utility Truck and the B2 Pickup, and it will accommodate future models and other trucks developed by the company.
Features of the patent-pending electric platform include:
- 120 kWh battery pack
- 180 kWh battery pack optional
- All-wheel drive
- All-terrain capabilities
- Dual motor
- Portal gear hubs
- 5000-lb (2267-kg) payload
- Ultra-low center of gravity
- Easily adjustable to fit various wheelbases
- Hydraulic anti-lock power brakes (ABS)
- Electronic traction control
- Electronic stability control
- Hydraulic power steering
- Hydro-pneumatic self-leveling suspension
- Independent front and rear suspension
- 5-15 kw onboard charger/inverter
- Complete power system controls, configurable to given vehicle application
- Integrated thermal-management system
- Meets Class 3 regulations
The company says that the customizable E-Chassis is a "performance powerhouse" that can be configured for a variety of uses, including front- or rear-wheel drive configurations, with or without portal gear hubs, and up to 180 kWh battery pack for longer range requirements.
It will be manufactured alongside the B1 and B2 trucks and made available for commercial use in 2021.
For more information, visit www.bollingermotors.com.