Trimble’s CenterPoint RTX Fast correction service now offers full U.S. coverage
Trimble announced the completion its CenterPoint RTX Fast correction service, with coverage now spanning the contiguous U.S. and southern Canada.
This service reportedly eliminates the need for a base station and radio to capture highly accurate measurements. This expanded coverage is reportedly ideal for the automotive industry, which requires consistent accessibility to corrections for dynamic driving applications. RTX enables a vehicle to know its exact, absolute position, resulting in accurate lane-keeping across the region.
With applications that include both on-road and off-road markets, the coverage and performance of the service is intended to enable industry professionals to "re-think what is possible when using augmented positioning for improving safety, performance, productivity, and operational efficiency."
The CenterPoint RTX Fast subscription service delivers a reported horizontal positioning accuracy of one inch or less in under a minute, with the versatility of satellite or cellular delivery. According to the company, this expanded coverage makes it the largest, high-performance GNSS correction network in the world, providing a high level of accuracy, convergence speed, flexible delivery, and geographic coverage.
“This achievement is a major milestone in the continuous evolution of our correction service and autonomy strategy,” said Patricia Boothe, Senior Vice President of Trimble's Autonomy Sector. “We are delivering unmatched access to fast, reliable, highly accurate positioning in more areas than ever before. Whether enhancing performance in the autonomy ecosystem or simplifying traditional mapping and surveying workflows, RTX Fast users can gain greater accuracy to improve productivity and operate safely—ultimately transforming the way they work and drive.”
Key benefits of the service, according to the company, include:
- Users across the continental U.S. and in southern Canada can achieve full accuracy in less than a minute without a base station or radio.
- Connecting to CenterPoint RTX Fast via satellite or cell means there’s no need to worry about losing connectivity or time on the job.
- Survey grade accuracy of 1 in or less horizontal accuracy, and less than 2 in vertical accuracy.
- Achieve high-quality accuracy anywhere, whether in a remote location, urban landscape, or working across a large geographic area.
- Supports and uses GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, and QZSS.
CenterPoint RTX Fast subscriptions for Trimble RTX-compatible GNSS receivers are available through its Authorized Business Partners or its online store.