Imagination’s GPU selected by SemiDrive for its smart cockpit chip
Imagination Technologies announced that Nanjing SemiDrive Technology Ltd. (SemiDrive) is using Imagination’s PowerVR Series9XM GPU in its smart cockpit chip X9. SemiDrive focuses on automotive-grade chips and providing connected vehicles with automotive SoC products used in smart cockpit and core gateways. The chip has been taped out successfully in a new smart cockpit chip and is part of the company’s vehicle on chip strategy. The chip has hardware virtualization capability for the smart cockpit.
The PowerVR 9XM GPU used by SemiDrive's smart cockpit chip is part of the PowerVR Series9 GPU family. This GPU series implements power optimization, performance, and area (PPA) with high-performance density. The GPUs can provide the following performance or supports for automotive chips:
- QM process and traceability for all cores enabling customers’ ISO 26262 and ASIL SoC implementations.
- Extended support for hypervisors, automotive OS, and safety critical APIs.
- Documentation for ASIL and other certifications, and automotive specific documentation.
- Hardware virtualization for Quality of Service and security. ECC and BIST support for reliability and recovery.
- Long-term support including support for fixed software versions and assistance for chip companies to support OEMs.
In the future, the companies will collaborate on more applications such as AI acceleration and high-performance hybrid computing, and smart cockpit chips.