2018 Nissan Rogue includes infotainment and advanced driver assistance systems
Nissan announced that the 2018 Rogue has received a number of enhancements for 2018. These include the addition of available ProPilot Assist technology, which provides assisted steering, braking, and accelerating during single-lane highway driving.
ProPilot Assist is the company’s basis for future self-driving cars because the system helps drivers stay centered in the lane, navigate stop-and-go traffic, maintain a set vehicle speed, and maintain a set distance to the vehicle ahead. Nissan says the function is accomplished with a simple two-button operation. ProPilot Assist is available on the 2018 Rogue SL grade as part of the Platinum Package.
Other enhancements to the 2018 Rogue include:
- NissanConnect featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and one additional USB port added to all grades
- Standard motion-activated Liftgate added to SV grade (in addition to SL grade)
- SL grade adds standard intelligent cruise control (ICC), lane departure warning (LDW), intelligent lane intervention (I-LI), and automatic emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian detection
- Revised SV Premium Package with added intelligent cruise control (ICC) and memory driver’s seat and outside mirrors
- Revised SL Platinum Package with ProPilot Assist (intelligent cruise control with full speed range and hold, steering assist) and electronic parking brake (replaces foot release parking brake)
The 2018 Rogue is available with an all-wheel drive system or front-wheel drive. All models are equipped with a 2.5-L, 4-cylinder engine rated at 170 hp (127 kW) and 175 lb·ft (237 N·m). The engine is paired with an Xtronic transmission with standard Sport Mode and Eco switches. Fuel economy is projected at 26 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, and 29 mpg combined for front-wheel-drive models. Rogue AWD models are estimated at 25 mpg city, 32 mpg highway, and 27 mpg combined.
U.S. pricing for the 2018 Rogue crossover, which goes on sale October 24 at Nissan dealers nationwide, starts at $24,680 (MSRP) for the Rogue S front-wheel-drive model.