Embedded software compiler optimized for performance and safety
Green Hills Software announced its Compiler 2018.1 for creating highly optimized 32-bit and 64-bit embedded C and C++ software applications for leading embedded processor architectures, including Arm, Intel, and Power Architecture.
Highlights of Compiler 2018.1 include 3x faster vector processing speeds, full C++14 support, Spectre mitigations, and support for the highest functional safety levels. Compiler 2018.1 was designed to enable customers to bring their products to market more quickly, meet safety and security requirements, and extract maximum processor performance in embedded markets.
The safety package includes:
- C compiler and C runtime libraries with safety certificate
- C++ compiler and C++ runtime libraries with safety certificate, supporting C++03, C++11 and C++14
- Tightly integrated with built-in MISRA-C Adherence and DoubleCheck static analysis tools, seamlessly run as part of a single-pass compilation
- Essential to the pre-certified INTEGRITY real-time operating system
- Services to help customers certify their systems with safety and security organizations
- Compilers 2018.1 and future updates include mitigations for the Spectre side-channel security vulnerabilities (Variant 1: CVE-2017-5753 and Variant 2: CVE-2017-5715)
Green Hills C/C++ Optimizing Compiler 2018.1, with the MULTI IDE, is available for Arm, Intel, Power Architecture, RH850, TriCore, MIPS, and ColdFire architectures and is intended for developing and deploying safe and secure embedded systems based on the INTEGRITY real-time operating system and INTEGRITY Multivisor. For more information, visit www.ghs.com.