Numbers and Stats: Autonomy and consumer perception
Those who work in and around AVs see and hear about them just about every day, so they're familiar with the potential impacts. But what does the average consumer think the impacts of AVs will be?
How recently have you come across a story about autonomous cars in the media?
- 35% have a recently seen or heard a story in the media.
- 43% have gone 1 to 3 months since coming across something.
- 22% have not ever read or heard any such media stories.
- 75% if give a choice, would still rather drive than ride autonomously.
- 64% if autonomous, would rather own the pod than hire it like a taxi.
- 71% in a fully autonomous world would miss driving.
- 24% think that an autonomous would would impact their jobs and careers, whether that's in a positive or negative way.
- 66% think that the US Government must be involved in regulating autonomous vehicles.
- 34% leave it up to the car makers/keep the government out of it.