Modelling, Simulation and Control of Two-Wheeled Vehicles
Many books have been written on modelling, simulation and control of four-wheeled vehicles (cars, in particular). However, due to the very specific and different dynamics of two-wheeled vehicles, it is very difficult to reuse previous knowledge gained on cars for two-wheeled vehicles.
Modelling, Simulation and Control of Two-Wheeled Vehicles presents all of the unique features of two-wheeled vehicles, comprehensively covering the main methods, tools and approaches to address the modelling, simulation and control design issues. With contributions from leading researchers, this book also offers a perspective on the future trends in the field, outlining the challenges and the industrial and academic development scenarios. Extensive reference to real-world problems and experimental tests is also included throughout.
- The first book to cover all aspects of two-wheeled vehicle dynamics and control
- Collates cutting-edge research from leading international researchers in the field
- Covers motorcycle control – a subject gaining more and more attention both from an academic and an industrial viewpoint
- Covers modelling, simulation and control, areas that are integrated in two-wheeled vehicles, and therefore must be considered together in order to gain an insight into this very specific field of research
- Presents analysis of experimental data and reports on the results obtained on instrumented vehicles.
Modelling, Simulation and Control of Two-Wheeled Vehicles is a comprehensive reference for those in academia who are interested in the state of the art of two-wheeled vehicles, and is also a useful source of information for industrial practitioners.